Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Premire vs. iMovie

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Brewski's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 22nd, 2000
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So can anyone tell me which is better/. I have imovie and I find it really easy to use. But I`ve heard alot of good things about Premiere, would it be worth spending the extra cash? When I already have a perfectly good( or at least what would appear to be decent) editing system?

    Thanks,
    Brewski

    ------------------
    I`LL SLEEP WHEN I`M DEAD

  2. #2
    Inactive Member LAmind's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2000
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Premiere is better in my opinion. It's more proffesional. Also it's a little harder to figure out, but once you figure out how to do filters and fades and all that great stuff, you won't put it down. There are a LOT of diffrent proffesional looking effects and filters. It' pretty easy to use, but a little hard to get used to. It's a very good editing program, very proffesional as i said, and I heard of several people who edited their movies with this program and won at festivals. Premier is my dream editing program. By the way, don't waste your money on buying it when you can get the whole thing free from the net (illigally, but you didn't hear that from me). Good look.

    -Ivan

    ------------------
    "A place for everything and everything in it's place".

  3. #3
    Inactive Member LAmind's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2000
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Go to www.download.com, and download the DEMO version of Premiere. Then go to www.astalavista.com and download a CRACK. Open the crack and let it do it's magic. IMPORTANT: The demo and the crack version #s have to be the same (i.e. 5.1). I didn't do this my friend did it fo rme, but he says that's how he did it. To tell you the truth I never even realised Premiere was available for Macintosh/Apple.

    -Ivan

    ------------------
    "A place for everything and everything in it's place".

    [This message has been edited by LAmind (edited November 28, 2000).]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Brewski's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 22nd, 2000
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Free, i have no idea what your talking about. But if I did were would I look to find such a thing for my imac?

    ------------------
    I`LL SLEEP WHEN I`M DEAD

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Brewski's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 22nd, 2000
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I had no problem with the first part but the second was a different story. I went to alta/vista but which one do I down load?

    ------------------
    I`LL SLEEP WHEN I`M DEAD

  6. #6
    Inactive Member LAmind's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2000
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You have to download the same version as the DEMO. Make sure it's the same verison, for the same system.

    -Ivan

    ------------------
    "A place for everything and everything in it's place".

  7. #7
    Inactive Member assyrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 30th, 2000
    Posts
    411
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hold it. What you are doing is downloading a PIRATED version of Premiere 5.1 and by that you are breaking the law and could be heavily fined.

    So much for the theory. Practically, if you can't afford to pay for the real thing (it costs around $380, cheaper than the camera or the PC you're using) either download the demo and the crack (which enables you to use it like the full product) or go straight for the warez version (a ripped version of the Premiere CD-ROM). astalavista, unfortunately, doesn't carry the Mac crack.

    Your best bet is to d/l it from the newsgroup alt.binaries.warez.mac . No clue what newsgrouos are? Read this

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Keviano's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2000
    Posts
    91
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've also been happily editing on iMovie2 for my iMac DV Special Edition. I've also heard great things about Premier softwear, and I'm waiting for version 6 to come out. I was wondering if any users of Premier 5.1 or anyone who knows about Premier 6 has done anything with WireWork or WireFu? Is or would be be possible to effectively remove the wires and rigs from actors in post production using the aforementioned softwear? A mate said you can do it frame by frame, but this would take forever, and he said you'd have to import it into a painting program or something, and I can do that on iMovie anyway. Anyone know anything?

    Regards
    Kevinao
    ReelRaine Productions

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Obi's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2000
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Definetly premiere. You can do so much more with it. Premiere is more professional and it has more features than imovie.

    Nowadays i've been editing with Final cut pro which is, in my opinion, much better than imovie or premiere.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •